Monday, February 25, 2008

The Only Way to Worship God

Key Scripture: St. John 4:24

    Good morning Saints : ) I pray that everyone had an awesome weekend, and that you are continually growing closer and closer to our Father. On last week God was teaching us how we have to be careful of what we feed to our spirit, because Satan will use what you put in you, to destroy you. Therefore, be wise and don't give him any weapons! I pray this morning that Father will help me put this message together, so that everyone will understand what the Word of God is teaching us through this message. This morning I want to talk about, "The Only Way to Worship God." So with that said, let's jump right into it.

    Our key scripture comes from St. John 4:24. "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." Before I explain the context of this scripture, I want to point out the keyword "must", meaning that this is the ONLY way to truly worship God Almighty! Now, in this story there was a woman of Samaria who came to this well to draw water, when she met Jesus. Jesus asked her to give him a drink, and she said why are you asking me when you know that I am a Samaritan and you are a Jew; for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus responded, "If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." He later said, "Whosoever drinketh of this water (from the well) shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

    Now, stay with me because Jesus is not just talking about "natural" water, but "spiritual" water which is "worship". Remember this: just as much "water" is important to the HUMAN body; "worship" is just as important to the SPIRITUAL body. I do not know the actual percentage, but our body is made up of over 60% of water. Therefore, we "need" water to survive! Well, if "worship" is just as important to our spiritual body, then we "need" worship to survive…spiritually. BUT, the only way to "worship" God is in spirit and in truth. Therefore, it must be IN you! This is the "water" that Jesus is speaking of. God is not trying to take us "to" worship; He is trying to put worship "in" us! Anybody can "fake" shouting and dancing, but you cannot fake "true" worship, because the only way to worship God is in spirit and in truth : )

    I pray that this message blessed someone to come closer to Father. I thank Him even now for being so faithful, and helping me put this message together…He deserves ALL of the glory. Until next time Saints, take care and God Bless.

 

His Servant,

TJ (KBTeam – The Kingdom Building Team)

 

"Grace is what He gives; Mercy is what we need. Relationship is what He longs for; Salvation is what we'll receive." ~Terrell D. Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment