Monday, February 4, 2008

Where Can You Hide?

Key Scripture: Hebrews 4:12

    Good evening Saints : ) I want to first apologize for not having the M.O.W. on yesterday. There is no excuse; just me being lazy…something that Father is definitely working out of me! I don't mind being transparent with ya'll because I honestly rather ya'll, as my brothers & sisters in Christ, "edify" me, before Father gets a hold of me : ) I thank God so much for ya'll, this group, and especially his Word, because all of it exposes my faults & iniquities, which in-turn helps me come closer to Jesus.

    Have you ever eaten something that was sweet and good at first, but left a terrible after taste? Well, as a Christian, that's the experience you witness when you sin, especially if God is using you as a vessel. The sin probably felt good to your flesh, but afterwards you felt terrible. Sometimes, we know that we are going to feel terrible afterwards but yet we still sin. You know I am so glad that Father doesn't love us, based on our "performance". Because if He did, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how much God loves someone, many of us would be below 5.

    I titled this message, "Where can you hide," because many times we think that just because "man" didn't see us sin, that we are okay. We forget that God is Omni-present, and that He sees Every Single Time we sin!! Our key scripture comes from Hebrews 4:12. "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Therefore, whether you want to believe & accept it or not, there is no "Getaway From God" package to go sin : ) Stop deceiving yourself into thinking that just because "man" doesn't see or know about your faults & iniquities that you are "getting away." God's word pierces to the dividing asunder of soul & spirit, and is a discerner of the thoughts AND intents of the heart. In other words, He sees what even your eyes can't see…about yourself!!

    I began this message by being transparent with ya'll. The reason why is because Father's word says in 1 Thessalonians 5:11, that we should "edify" one another. It also says in Hebrews 3:13, that we should exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. I pray that this message "edifies" somebody, and helps them remember that even though "man" might not see you sin…God is ALWAYS watching, because He is Omni-present. Where Can You Hid? Until next time, take care Saints and God Bless!!

 

His Servant,

TJ (KBTeam – The Kingdom Building Team)

 

"Grace is what He gives, Mercy is what we need; Relationship is what He longs for, Salvation is what we'll receive." ~Terrell D. Jackson

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you for being obedient regardless of how long it may have taken because that word was absolutely in my direction.
    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!!! Thank you so much for sharing that testimony; it really blessed me!! Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete